Many businesses that use Novell GroupWise user mailboxes are switching to Office 365. Office 365 service runs in the cloud and can be accessed from anywhere, at any time, on any device. Do you want to migrate GroupWise to Office 365? Switching to a cloud-based email solution is a great idea.
GroupWise to Office 365 migration has a lot of great benefits for both small and big businesses. There are many more benefits, some of which are listed below.
Migration from GroupWise to Office 365- why it’s a good idea:
- Since there’s no in-house setup, there are no worries about keeping the servers running or doing maintenance.
- Data security is no longer a problem with the built-in security features and ongoing compliance of Office 365. Once you migrate GroupWise to Office 365, you’re always online from anywhere.
- There is no need to invest in infrastructure for this platform. You can work on it from any device, anytime, without having to set it up or change its settings.
- With Office 365, your emails, calendars, and contacts are all synchronized to work together.
- The platform can be used under flexible recurring subscription plans. It allows the number of users to increase or decrease as needed.
- GroupWise to Office 365 migration increases your storage space up to 1 TB (or 1000 GB). It means you won’t have to shorten the mailbox for a while.
- Office 365 comes with all licenses and can be used by the whole business.
If you already know about the benefits and have made the migration, that’s great. You should know there is no direct way to migrate GroupWise to Office 365. You’ll have to do it manually or hire a professional. And when it tends to migrate email, we would go for the best. It’s the Shoviv GroupWise to Office 365 migration tool in this case. This piece of writing will help you locate both keys to this migration.
Ways to Move to Office 365 from GroupWise:
There are two types of ways to migrate GroupWise to Office 365. One is manual methods, and the other is by using professional software. Moving from GroupWise to Office 365 is very technical, so users must be highly cautious.
The manual way to move GroupWise data to Office 365 involves two phases.
Phase 1- For the GroupWise environment:
- To begin, launch GroupWise ConsoleOne and navigate to GroupWise Agent Settings.
- Check the box next to Enable SOAP to turn on SOAP on Post-Office Agent (POA).
- Now, make a user list through the gateway of GroupWise ConsoleOne.
- Create a secret app key. You can apply it to move GroupWise by assisting with administrative credentials.
Phase 2- For the Office 365 environment:
- Make an administrator account on the Office 365 app so you can use it to import data.
- Setup the accounts and profile to assign licences.
What’s wrong with the manual method?
- The manual method isn’t ideal for moving a lot of GroupWise data to Office 365.
- GroupWise to Office 365 migration takes a long time and is very tedious.
- Only users with technical proficiency can use this method to do the job right.
- Highest chances for data loss if a single error occurs by a human during the process.
The free way to migrate GroupWise to Office 365 is free, but several restrictions exist. Large businesses can’t depend on manual migration. A powerful third-party method is an ideal pick for an authentic migration.
Skilled migration method:
Shoviv GroupWise to Office 365 migration tool is a great way to move GroupWise data to Office 365 mailboxes. It has a simple interface that makes it easy for users to move their data. This software migrates GroupWise local/remote/archive data with all attributes into Office 365 mailbox/public folder/archive mailbox.
Users can save data from GroupWise in PST, EML, and MSG. It can make tasks more accessible because it has filters for Date Range and Item Types. This tool has the option to map folders to make things easier for the user. Users can quickly move their mailboxes from the source to the target folder. The migration tool has many powerful features that can help you in the future.
It’s in the evaluation edition. Anyone can try it out to see how well it serves to migrate GroupWise to Office 365.
GroupWise is a program for sending and receiving messages to communicate and collaborate. Switching to the cloud-based environment can be challenging if you’ve been using GroupWise for a long time. We hope this blog post has given you a better way to migrate GroupWise to Office 365. You may not be thrilled with the manual process, but a reliable GroupWise to Office 365 migration solution will make it secure. Utilize the stated GroupWise to Office 365 migration tool. It efficiently deals with your time, efforts, and critical data.