There is a manual method available for the Lotus Notes to Office migration, but users still search for the other methods or ways. This reflects the fact that the manual method comes with a few shortcomings. Hence in this article, we are going to talk about the convenient and modern solution to get a secure migration of the users’ precious data. Down to the row, we’ll grab some attention on the two ways of carrying out Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration. Then we’ll talk about why professionals do not prefer users to use the manual method.
Why are Users Attracting to Office 365?
Lotus Notes more or less belongs to the same application niche to which the Outlook belongs. But the Lotus Notes reluctance to upgrade as per the latest technology unfavoured it. Moreover, this utility comes with a typical interface, and users also have complained about its crash scenarios. And on the other hand, if users are getting an effective email and collaboration utility (Office 365) at nominal prices, then what can be better than this. Now let’s discuss the two ways to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365.
Should I Perform Conversion through the Manual Way?
The difficulty of the process is not in deciding to perform it but to perform it indeed. The manual method is available but bears many shortcomings that do not favor the users’ precious data. First of all, the manual method proves difficult to follow, and there remains uncertainty of successful data migration. Let’s talk about the various aspects of the manual method that could lead to unfavorable happenings with the data:
- Firstly, typical to go with, therefore could result in data loss due to partial steps followed.
- It is a time-consuming method above which there remains zero surety of desirable data migration.
- Alterations make the data insignificant in use; there is a high chance that the data may alter in this way.
- The chances of human errors are also high.
- Incapable of processing multiple Lotus Notes files.
- Often this method ends up with PST file corruption.
It’s totally a user’s choice to migrate the Lotus Notes files using this method, but it is not recommended. Additionally, it would be good to back up the data prior to performing a migration using the manual method.
Manual Method isn’t Recommended; How Should I proceed with the Migration?
Usually, the native methods are considered safe & secure and the best way to go with. But here, the scenario is totally changed. The native or manual method doesn’t prove good, and therefore users wander here and there for reliable utilities. In today’s world, data security is a major concern. In addition to this, the search for a reliable Lotus Notes migration tool also remains a challenge. To ease the search for the users, I recommend them to use the Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration tool that does this task instantly with utmost care. The best part of the tool is its interface which is so easy to work with, and even novices can work on it with comfort. Let’s find out how to use this tool for migration purposes, then we will jump to its countless features.
- Download, install and open the Shoviv utility on your PC/Laptop.
- Tap the Add icon from the ribbon bar, add NSF files, and hit OK.
- Hit on the Office 365 menu, deal with the sub-folders and proceed.
- Choose the radio button “Fetch all mailboxes from Office 365”, provide credentials, and hit Next.
- Perform mailbox mapping, validate target if required, and click Next.
- Use filters accordingly, perform folder mapping and email translation as per the need and proceed.
- The migration process will start; you can save the report after its completion and are required to click Finish
The migration process through the Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration tool is this easy. Moreover, users can use this tool’s FREE demo version to get to know it better on their expectations.
Why Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool is Beneficial over Manual Method?
- Multiple Sources and No Restrictions: This tool can process multiple Lotus Notes files in a single row without bringing any issues with their sizes. Users can add the NSF files from Local Directory, SmartCloud Notes/Verse, and Domino Server.
- Preview: Users can take a preview of the added Lotus Notes files from the left pane of the tool’s interface.
- Simple GUI: The best part of the tool is the simple GUI which makes the way easy to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365.
- Incremental Export: The tool necessarily comes with an Incremental export feature to help in resuming the interrupted processes and hence prevents duplicities.
- Filters: Users can use the filters of the tool based on Item type and Message date for carrying on Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration with the selective items.
- Advanced Options: One can perform Folder mapping and email translation tasks on the tool for achieving accurate and error-less migration.
- Zero Alterations: This tool works with the users’ data in read-only mode maintaining the header, formatting & links.
Additionally, the tool isn’t only confined to Lotus Notes Migration; users can export them to PST and Exchange Server when required.
The manual method is a lethargic and risky way to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365. Therefore, users look for a professional tool to ease their search for one; I have mentioned here Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration tool. In the end, it is up to the users with which tool they want to proceed with for carrying out Lotus Notes migration. However, users can use the FREE trial version of the Shoviv tool to look into its capabilities before purchase.
For more related posts visit now inflexguide.com